Petitions Manager : The Complete e-Petitions Solution
e-petitioning is a statutory requirement: The Local Democracy Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 became law on the 12th November 2009 in which it states;
- ' A principal local authority must provide a facility for making petitions in electronic form to the authority.'
- ' A principal local authority must give reasons for not granting a request to use the facility provided by it under this section for the making of a petition'
Many Local Authorities are already implementing e-petitions solutions that are easy to access by the public and cost effective to administer.
Web-Labs and Petitions Manager
Petitions Manager was developed in conjunction with the Local Government Association in 2005 and then after the Governments recent announcement it has been modified in consultation with some of our Local Authority customers to cater for the new requirements. Some of the features of Petitions Manager include:
- Compliance with current legislation
- Seamless integration with your present web site same branding and style sheets
- Offered as a hosted solution or installed on your own server
- Totally web browser based with an intuitive user interface
- Can be easily personalised to meet your exact requirements
- Totally scalable for all sizes of Local Authorities
- End to end solution from Petition Initialisation to Resolution and Management Reporting
- Flexible pricing as a capital purchase or annual service rental
- Ongoing support and development included in the contract
Why choose Web Labs ePetitions?
There are many online petition products avaialble today, but web labs found from its expereince with local democracy and local authorities themselves that none of the these solutions offered the due process that councils need to observe. After close consultation with existing tGov partners weblabs developed the Petitions Manger product that is flexible and scalable for all budgets.
Petitions Manager can be integrated in 3 ways so that ePetitions are made available to our customers in they way they want it.
- Fully integrated - our developers and designers will integrate the product to your webserver (with IIS & Windows server 2000 >) and website navigation using CSS and XHTML, including other features in your CMS like the search and accessibility tools
- Design integrated - our developers and designers will integrate your container html and CSS so that the service hosted by weblabs is 'skinned' so it looks like your corporate website
- Portal integrated - Our designers will integrate an attractive banner design so that your ePetitions service will link back to your corporate website. N.B - site hosted via the portal do not feed adverts or any other 3rd party advertising. if you wish to feed adverts you will have to have it fully integrated like Fylde District Council
All ePetitions sites will be linked from our portal site 'e-petition.co.uk', which will just get better and better as more functionality is introduced in 2011.
Web-Labs will be pleased to provide you with a e-Petitioning solution - to enable you to effectively evaluate Petitions-Manager we would be pleased to visit your offices discuss your requirements provide advice on the current legislation, our experiences with other local authorities and discuss the development and features of Petitions Manager to book this free appointment please phone us 01525 374859.
Screen shot gallery
Click a thumbnail below to view the light box of images